Leaving Winter Behind

Snowy Mailbox My home is in Michigan, a beautiful state surrounded by water–the Great Lakes, inland lakes, rivers, streams, creeks and waterfalls. You can visit vast metropolitan cities, small towns, farmland, national forests, rocky coasts or sandy beaches, many lighthouses, and sand dunes. But in winter you are surrounded by snow and cold temperatures. My mailbox that stands on a long wooden mount is nearly covered.

So this is why I love the west, especially Sedona, Arizona with amazing scenery, great Sedona Sunsetrestaurants and nature so beautiful you wonder how anyone can doubt there is a God. Waking in the morning, you can view glorious sunrises and at night breathtaking sunsets.
IMGP3096The red rocks change colors all day long and their shapes and sizes are given names.   Hikers climb the shapes and search for the famous vortex the rocks are known for.  The view from our front deck is amazing.

View from porch

Flowering Tree Sedona 2015

With warm temperatures in winter, spring comes early with flowering trees and cactus ready to bud. The earth comes alive with wildflowers bursting from beneath the hard soil, looking like snow in a backdrop of red rocks and a blue sky.

Wildflowers on the Sedona desert

11 Comments

1. Jackie Smith March 21, 2015 at 9:30 am #

Lovely, Gail! I am so glad you can enjoy both places!
    Praying things are going well for you and dh. Have lived in Northeast GA all my life….lots of rain, hot and humid days….but it is home!
    Blessings~~~~

• Gail Gaymer Martin March 27, 2015 at 11:32 pm #

Thanks so much, and yes there’s no place like home — and it’s true but I sure love Sedona. Blessings

2. Karen Fay March 21, 2015 at 2:02 pm #

I have been down, but not I such pain that I couldn’t appreciate all you and Bob have experienced. All our problems often make us stronger, better people. We surely discover how strong we really are. You have exhibited to us your strength and commitment and for that Ithank our God and you. I am lounging here enjoying your pictures. I am now on the upside of my surgery, getting stronger everyday. Soon I hope to be a productive person again. I was actually able to hold a book again and just finished a gift frommy sister, Dee Henderson’s new book ,Undetected.
    I do know how our home calls to us and wish both of you well as you soon return to Michigan. It is going to be so good for you to be back and hopefully into your comfortable routine. Take care, Karen

• Gail Gaymer Martin March 27, 2015 at 11:37 pm #

You’re right, Karen. Home is always a good place to be and I love my home, but I truly enjoy Sedona and my husband would love us to live there. It would be a rather dramatic move for me — a lifetime Michigander but we’ll see. He means so much to me I can make the sacrifice — and I praise the Lord he was healed from this horrendous blood disease. He’ll still be monitored with blood tests and meds but I pray it continues to go well.

3. Wilma Frana April 1, 2015 at 10:44 am #

I live in Iowa, am looking forward to spring.

4. Joan Arning April 1, 2015 at 1:38 pm #

Missouri. I pray your husband will continue to improve!

• Gail Gaymer Martin May 19, 2015 at 12:07 pm #

Thanks, Joan. I’m ready to do the book drawing and you’ll be there. Thanks

5. Susan Kinney April 12, 2015 at 9:27 pm #

Greetings Gail! I too love the red rock of Sedona AZ! Nice photos you shared there! It is always nice dropping by to see what is on your mind! Take care and thanks for sharing!

• Gail Gaymer Martin May 19, 2015 at 12:05 pm #

Thanks, Susan. I love hearing from you.

6. Pat Maldonado May 13, 2015 at 5:04 pm #

Hi Gail
    Love reading your books based in Michigan. Your description of Michigan is spot on but I am also one who loves the serenity of freshly fallen snow sparkling in the winter sun. The air is cold and crisp. It just makes the spring greening of the north more exciting and fresh. I am a cancer survivor so know only too well the joy being out in nature soaking up its beauty . I wish you and your hubby health and happiness whether you are in spectacular Michigan or in the warm south.
    Take care.

• Gail Gaymer Martin May 19, 2015 at 12:03 pm #

Thanks, Pat. I use many places in Michigan because I know it so well and we have a variety to small towns, mega urban areas, lakes, forests, sand dunes, islands, lighthouses, and so much more. We even have Porcupine Mountains in the UP.
      Blessings.